Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Solo Journey 19 days...

Alex is sitting  across from me with her laptop open as she writes and laughs and agonizes and researches and reads some of what she's written aloud and writes some more. And checks Facebook on occasion. I'm doing the same. It's a wonderful change from my usual pre-show freakout.

This is the week we finish our work (not that a piece is ever really done) and start blocking. We've hired a director for all of us and set up a super rigid schedule.

I love it. I've never worked with a group like this before and it's taken so much pressure off. I don't have to force myself to work alone, which creeps me out, but will be traveling this road with three others.

We met for a few hours yesterday--with our director-- and gave each other feedback. I literally saw the work transform and take shape in a new and exciting way.

Everyone like my idea, so I'll be weaving several vignettes throughout the show, rather than doing one solid monologue. I'm actually having fun sculpting these little pieces!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment