Sunday, June 3, 2012

Solo Journey Days Two and Three




Yep. Doing it!

Just allowing myself to meander while I write has taken an enormous amount of stress off. I mean, I know this. That's what the whole "Moodling" idea is about, yet  I keep saddling myself with this idea that "real" writers have a structured practice where they sit down, focus and write. They only stop to add hot water to their tea, or get another cup of coffee. But even then, they are formulating sentences in their minds that they capture as soon as they return to the keyboard, which they do eagerly and without delay.
Some do, I'm sure.
I'm not one of them.

It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write.--Sinclair Lewis
Real writers are those who want to write, need to write, have to write.--Robert Penn Warren
 
The real writer is one who really writes. Talent is an invention like phlogiston after the fact of fire. Work is its own cure. You have to like it better than being loved.--Marge Piercy

Yes and also...Whatever.
Who decides what a real writer does or doesn't do?

A word is not the same with one writer as with another.  One tears it from his guts.  The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket.  ~Charles Peguy

Speaking of stories:

Act three of This American Life was gut-wrenching today.
Find it Here


Back to the script!



No comments:

Post a Comment