Saturday, July 7, 2012

Solo Journey--One More Week!

A quick update:

     Both scripts are written and I love them! Some of my best work if I do say so myself (and I do!). One of the biggest challenges has been to get to the point where I can go off-book. Memorizing a less-than-almost-perfect script is impossible. The awkward sentences and clumsy phrases make me crazy and I have to hit the hold button until I've smoothed them out or cut them altogether.
    Walking with the script has been a sanity saving discovery. So much writing done on these mountain roads. I've logged 20 miles this week. A good thing too. In my less sane moments, I'm compulsively stuffing my face.
     For me, this process of writing and performing is an uphill battle against insecurity, self-doubt and fatigue. I've given up on trying to figure out if the fatigue is legit or depression/fear masking as fatigue. It just is.
      I can see the proverbial light and am starting to feel hopeful that this will all be amazing and wonderful.
      Speaking of wonderful, I'm back in the arms of my writing group. They rewarded me with peals of laughter and constructive feedback on Thursday. How I've missed them!
      Well, onward. Tomorrow I'm completely off book and blocked. This coming week is about the acting. Seems a little late, but for some reason I'm not stressing. I have a plan. Working with good people and a talented local director makes a world of difference (Mark Kenward is a very talented director and amazing performer and I love working with him. He's just too far away for me to travel this time :0(   ).

xoxoox
   
......
 




No comments:

Post a Comment